Sending emails from your Admin Dashboard can be a quick and effective way to communicate with your students and their parents or guardians. With their emails already stored and associated to the student's account, these emails deliver directly to the parent or guardian's email inbox in a matter of minutes - keeping them and the student up-to-date with the latest information.
Once logged in, click Admin > Send Emails
Click +New Email
Select the recipients you would like to send your email to:
- Group allows you to send an email to all or to select users in your Users list
- Class allows you to send an email to all or to select users in a specific Class
*Note: If you are an admin for more than one group on MCFD, you will be prompted to select a group.
Once you've selected group or class, you will be prompted to select which users to send the email to.
You can select all by clicking the box in the top right or you can select specific users on the list.
*Note: If sending to a specific class, all instructors assigned to that class will also appear in the list.
Once you have selected your intended recipients, you will now be able to select an existing email from the list of messages or you can create a new email by clicking +Create new email.
If creating a new email, fill out the fields as shown on the pop-up screen:
- Message Name is what you would like to call this email internally for usage in the future.
- Subject will display as the subject of the email you send.
- Group will display all groups you have the ability to send an email to. Typically you should only see one listed here.
- Type - Most commonly, you will select Group or Class Email
- Certification Email allows you to use this email again in the future to send to users enrolled in a certification
- Group Email allows you to use this email for future group emails
- Class Emails allows you to use this email for future class emails
- Email Template should always be the My Catholic Faith Delivered Template
*Note: if you would like a custom template for your group, please reach out to our Support team for further options and information.
Once you have completed all fields, you can now draft your email using the text editor box to the right. This is an HTML editor, so text may be formatted as desired. There are also Merge Tags that may be added to call in specific user data. Click Submit to save your email.
*Note: Merge Tags vary depending on the type of email selected. Do not copy and paste Merge Tags from one email type to another.
A preview of your email will appear on your screen. This email can be edited by clicking on Email Setup and will save there for future usage. Click Send to send to your selected recipients!